Designed for working professionals, it offers social media and internet marketing and global business exposure in addition to cyber security and applications; Application deadline is 19 October 2021.
The Indian Institute of Technology Madras has invited applications for its Executive MBA (EMBA) degree program, which is specially designed for mid-career working professionals.
The two-year program, which offers a rigorous yet practice-based curriculum, includes three projects that apply theory to live business issues, according to the Department of Management Studies at IIT Madras.
The USP of the EMBA program is to provide state-of-the-art knowledge that is compatible with the needs of the industry in the domain of Digital Economy, Global Strategy and Industry 4.0 technology.
In addition to traditional themes, it also offers exposure to social media and internet marketing, which is vital to any contemporary business, platform economy and global business management. Other important issues include cyber security and applications. Also, students will get exposure to technical aspects like modern manufacturing process and 3D printing.
Applications are available from 20th September 2021 Last date to apply is 19th October 2021 Interested candidates can apply online at https://doms.iitm.ac.in/emba/
The main aspects of the course include equipping mid-career professionals with the following topics:
- Knowledge of the domain, with deep functional and extensive industry.
- A holistic approach to border-wide business decisions, and
- Features leadership to contribute to the global business setup
The program is designed for mixed weekend learning (physical and virtual). Classes, which will be held on alternate weekends, will begin in January 2022.
Admission eligibility includes a first class bachelor’s degree in any subject, a minimum of three years of industry experience and a selection through the DoMS entrance exam and personal interview (virtual).
The structure of the EMBA program is:
- A functional foundation – which provides theoretical, conceptual and insightful insights into the main functions and role of the department in business.
- Integrated approach – which helps to develop a strategic approach to cross-functional challenges and inter-departmental coordination.
- Global Leadership – Exploring ways to grow, profitability and sustainability in a local and global business context.
- The three Capstone projects are designed to develop in-depth insights into the application of advanced management concepts.