D Rahul Shashank launches cyber alert app to address growing risk of cyber attacks in India
KL Deemed-to-be University, one of the country’s leading universities for graduate and higher education, today announced that its students have created a cyber security app that offers features such as e-complaint filing, cyber internships, cyber counseling and more. The Cyber Alert app is the first cyber security app available in English and Telugu. This unique app is simple, convenient and absolutely essential to ensure today’s digital security. Since the onset of the epidemic, there has been an increase in cyber-attacks and Internet-related threats in India and the wider world. Since 2021 has created a larger digital staff and student, the chances of this attack have also multiplied.
The app warns users before they fall victim. A perfect combination of information, guidelines and solutions, the Cyber Alert app boasts a number of features that give the user a clear idea about cybercrime and how to deal with it. Some of these features include:
- Cyber complaint filing – A user can lodge a cyber complaint through the e-filing link which is provided with the disclaimer in the application.
- Cyber Complaint Tracker / Status – One can check the status of the case filed through the application.
- Cyber materials – Study materials on cyber security and cyber law, IT Act 2000 and IT Act 2008, cyber forms and recent cyber security news etc. will be available in the app for users.
- Cyber police station – A list of cyber police stations can be found in the app to help users find the nearest cyber police station by enabling GPS / location.
- Cyber internship – The best opportunities for internships and workshops in cyber security can be explored in the app.
- Cyber Legal Aid – Cyber Legal Aid is divided into two sub-modules called Cyber Expert Advice and Cyber Volunteer.
The entrepreneurial team also includes the founder and CEO, D. Rahul Shashank, (student of BBA LLB, 2017-22), co-founder, Dr. KI Pawan Kumar, (HOD, Department of Law, KL College of Law), Chief Technical Officer, Binoy Are, (KL Alumni, 2012-16) Chairman and MD – R. Sai Ashish Yashwant, (student of BBA 2019-22), General Manager, d. Tirumala Young (Student of B. Tech EEE, 2018) 22). The young entrepreneur also enjoys the strong support of prominent industry experts and thoughtful leaders as the app’s advisory board, carefully guarded by KL University advisors. Pawan Duggal, a well-known Indian lawyer, is on the advisory board, among others. The app is now available for download on the Google Play Store.