JNU has announced the reopening of the varsity campus for physical classes, with the reopening of Phases 3 and 4 on September 23 and September 27, respectively.
Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) announced on Wednesday (September 22, 2021) that it has decided to reopen the varsity campus for physical sessions starting from Thursday. Phase 3 and 4 of the campus will reopen on September 23 and September 27, respectively.
JNU Phase 3 will reopen on September 23, 2021 with the following restrictions:
- All third-year PhD research scholars (including hostel and day-scholars) are allowed on campus.
- Buses will be allowed on campus according to the COVID-19 method.
- To reduce traffic congestion, the security office has decided to decentralize the process of issuing ID cards.
- Children’s ID cards will be given to the school.
The fourth phase of JNU reopening will begin on September 27, 2021.
- All M.Sc. Final year, B.Tech. Fourth year, and MBA final year scholars (including hostel and day-scholars) will be allowed on campus.
- “Any person caught violating the said order will be tried in accordance with the provisions of Sections 51 to 60 of the Disaster Management Act, 2005, Section 188 of the Indian Penal Code and other applicable laws,” the authority said.
“Following the NCT government in Delhi, the Delhi Disaster Management Authority has ordered reopening of educational institutions with maximum 50% seating capacity subject to strict compliance with the SOPs advertised by DDMA. The university has decided to reopen Phase-3 and 4 campuses, ”the order said.