“Happiness has a lot to do with making sharp decisions. It is, in turn, guaranteed by good health, motivated living and good sleep. We want our students to know this from an early age,” said Tarun Anand, chairman, Universal Business School.
Recognizing the importance of balance and contentment among their students, Universal Business School Mumbai has launched its own ‘Happy Campus Project’. The projects aim to create a healthy and positive learning environment that overcomes learning barriers, builds student drive and contributes to their overall development.
The purpose of the Universal Business School Happy Campus project is to:
- To reduce issues that may be a common barrier to student learning.
- Creating a happy environment on campus that drives the overall growth of students.
- Promoting overall development in line with UBS’s vision of ‘life change’.
- Improving students’ overall experience by maximizing the topics that ensure engagement.
The Happy Campus Project workshops and sessions consist of the following:
- ‘Let’s Talk Mental Health’ is an awareness workshop that is part of the student onboarding program.
- Planned Counseling Sessions – Each new student goes through a session with a campus counselor that will be an informal interaction to understand the student and how he or she works.
- Volunteer Wellbeing Counseling Sessions – These are self-initiated sessions, intended for those who want to take therapy or do self-work.
There is a lot of inspiration on Student Community Engagement, including:
- Group Student Wellness Coaching
- Student support group / group therapy sessions
- Student Community-Building Upgrading Events (Onfire, Open Mike, etc.)
- Weekly Physical Health Challenge
- Group walks and treks on campus
- Self-assessment wellness survey about CollPoll (campus technology)
- Weekly Student Welfare Newsletter
- Classes on life skills and overall development in relevant and topical subjects
The campus will also have its own ‘Happy Campus Project Room’, where students will be able to take a leisurely break and spend time with themselves quietly doing the following activities:
- Color mandala sheets
- Their Thought Journal
- Listen to music
- Read on
- Do puzzles etc.